Raptr Forums > General > Off-Topic

Browser keeps refreshing by itself!

Old 13 Oct 10
ShaggyBodom
Omnipotent Raptr
Browser keeps refreshing by itself!
So I went back to Chrome just until IE9 gets out of beta, and today something weird starting happening with Chrome.... the browser refreshes automatically at random times! I will be listening to music on Pandora and it will refresh causing the song to change.... or pause a Netflix movie on instant play making it start where it left off and unpause... It's getting annoying!

However, my F5 key has been sticking down (never enough to press it) for a while now, so I don't know if that all of a sudden decided to start acting up (its been up lately though, its not pressed down).

Anyone ever have any issues with Chrome or any browser doing that? Or to test something else, how would I remove the F5 hotkey?

Oh and 1 more piece of info, it refreshes EVERY TAB OPEN! I wasn't even on the Netflix tab, it was paused, and it unpaused when my tab refreshed. F5 don't seem refresh every tab....

Old 13 Oct 10
Plum
Undead Raptr
You could just try another browser, that would be one way to test if it was the F5 key. Or if you have a spare keyboard just replace it with that o:
If not go steal a friends real quick hehe.

Old 13 Oct 10
ShaggyBodom
Omnipotent Raptr
Well friend just reminded me of this. Yesterday when we was playing Borderlands, 2 times in about a 3 hour period, a 2nd instance of Borderlands would start up by itself which would lag the shit out of the game causing me to just ctrl alt dlt both instances of the game to get it back to normal. Was going to just ctrl alt dlt the 2nd instances, but I didn't feel like guessing which one was the 2nd instance

Is there a certain key on a keyboard that refreshes every tab on a keyboard, and could also start up a game I have selected on Steam in the background? Wasn't sure if it was a stuck hotkey or something else.

Old 13 Oct 10
ShaggyBodom
Omnipotent Raptr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumm View Post
You could just try another browser, that would be one way to test if it was the F5 key. Or if you have a spare keyboard just replace it with that o:
If not go steal a friends real quick hehe.
I don't know any PC gamers here lol

I might just start using IE9 again (just quit cause a website I go to didn't load properly on the beta) and see what happens. But I dunno if whats causing the game issue (mentioned in post above) is also dealing with the refresh issue.

Old 13 Oct 10
Urusai
Undead Raptr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyBodom View Post
So I went back to Chrome just until IE9 gets out of beta, and today something weird starting happening with Chrome.... the browser refreshes automatically at random times! I will be listening to music on Pandora and it will refresh causing the song to change.... or pause a Netflix movie on instant play making it start where it left off and unpause... It's getting annoying!

However, my F5 key has been sticking down (never enough to press it) for a while now, so I don't know if that all of a sudden decided to start acting up (its been up lately though, its not pressed down).

Anyone ever have any issues with Chrome or any browser doing that? Or to test something else, how would I remove the F5 hotkey?

Oh and 1 more piece of info, it refreshes EVERY TAB OPEN! I wasn't even on the Netflix tab, it was paused, and it unpaused when my tab refreshed. F5 don't seem refresh every tab....
I don't have this problem. I think it is that button.

Old 13 Oct 10
A2_57th
Young Adult Raptr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyBodom View Post

Do the thing everyone would do at first if they're having such a problem - Re-install. You never know. It works wonders.

Old 13 Oct 10
ShaggyBodom
Omnipotent Raptr
Well, just gonna have a friend look at it tomorrow for 2 reasons:

1) I didn't realize F5 does not refresh every single tab open when pressed, so why would it be that button? I realized that when I did my edit mentioning the 1 more thing.

2) My other post regarding Borderlands opening another instance of the game randomly when playing started occuring the same day the refreshes did.

Thanks guys for the help, but I have a feeling this is an issue that would be easier solved actually being here to see it and look at what could be causing it. If I realized that sooner before posting the thread, I wouldn't have

Old 13 Oct 10
A2_57th
Young Adult Raptr
So no re-install?

Old 13 Oct 10
ShaggyBodom
Omnipotent Raptr
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2_57th View Post
So no re-install?
I thought you meant of the browser, did you mean reinstall Windows?