Raptr Forums > AMD Gaming Evolved > AMD Gaming Evolved Help!

How to remove AMD Gaming Evolved

Reply
 
Thread Tools
 
Old 9 Feb 14
ABryce4460
ABryce4460's Avatar
Unhatched Egg
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1
How to remove AMD Gaming Evolved
Turns out this app is not called "AMD Gaming Evolved" in win 7 "remove programmes" instead its called Raptr.

Step 1 - right click Raptr in task bar and exit (or end process on raptr.exe)
Step 2 - "uninstall" Raptr from "remove programmes"

/begin rant
I have been using ATI cards for 15 years so didnt read the text on the driver install programme, assumed express install would not install anything but the drivers by default, seems I was wrong. I have been using steam to buy and install and launch games for over 10 years... I need another app that tracks game usage, achievements etc because?

Maybe im missing something but when you install a game it detects your graphics hardware and configures its settings - only someone "unfamilar" with pc games would need an app to tweak these settings... in which case PC games are probably not for you. No I will not return to this thread, its purpose is to save people time in removing this programme.
/end rant

Seriously the express install should not install a third party app with just a disclaimer - it should offer you a dialogue that says "do you want this, its awesome" and have "no" checked by default. That way you have to expressly opt for it, the only apps that dont do this are spyware and bloatware - why do raptr want to look like spyware and bloatware?
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Old 4 Mar 14
burn
burn's Avatar
Raptr Forum Admin
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABryce4460 View Post
Turns out this app is not called "AMD Gaming Evolved" in win 7 "remove programmes" instead its called Raptr.

Step 1 - right click Raptr in task bar and exit (or end process on raptr.exe)
Step 2 - "uninstall" Raptr from "remove programmes"

/begin rant
I have been using ATI cards for 15 years so didnt read the text on the driver install programme, assumed express install would not install anything but the drivers by default, seems I was wrong. I have been using steam to buy and install and launch games for over 10 years... I need another app that tracks game usage, achievements etc because?

Maybe im missing something but when you install a game it detects your graphics hardware and configures its settings - only someone "unfamilar" with pc games would need an app to tweak these settings... in which case PC games are probably not for you. No I will not return to this thread, its purpose is to save people time in removing this programme.
/end rant

Seriously the express install should not install a third party app with just a disclaimer - it should offer you a dialogue that says "do you want this, its awesome" and have "no" checked by default. That way you have to expressly opt for it, the only apps that dont do this are spyware and bloatware - why do raptr want to look like spyware and bloatware?
I'm truly sorry that you feel that way.
We have a partnership with AMD and we're offering a loyalty program with them via our points system.
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Old 18 May 14
amerix
amerix's Avatar
amerix
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1
ABruce4460 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by burn View Post
I'm truly sorry that you feel that way.
We have a partnership with AMD and we're offering a loyalty program with them via our points system.
Negative, sir !!!
I agree and support mr ABruce4460

Raptr was automatically installed during my last update.
No boxes to accept or not accept the installation. You're lying.
I'm communicating AMD that if this happens again in the next update, I will change my video card by the competitor, even though AMD user for decades.
Do not know and do not want to know about your business interests.
If you want to submit a product, do it, but honestly.

Amerix
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Old 19 May 14
burn
burn's Avatar
Raptr Forum Admin
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerix View Post
Negative, sir !!!
I agree and support mr ABruce4460

Raptr was automatically installed during my last update.
No boxes to accept or not accept the installation. You're lying.
I'm communicating AMD that if this happens again in the next update, I will change my video card by the competitor, even though AMD user for decades.
Do not know and do not want to know about your business interests.
If you want to submit a product, do it, but honestly.

Amerix
Did you use the custom installation features?
Because if you did, you'd see the 'AMD Gaming Evolved App' at the bottom of the list, which is able to be unchecked (as to not be installed). If you just used the default installation, then you got everything AMD branded installed on your machine.

If you did use the custom and didn't see it, try it again, you'll see it. In fact, you'll see it 100 times out of 100 times.
It sounds to me that either:
A ) You didn't see it on your custom installation, and feel outraged. And for that I'm sorry.
B ) You used the default installation, and didn't know that it would include a branded version of Raptr.
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Old 27 May 14
XRayted
XRayted's Avatar
Unhatched Egg
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4
No, you can not uncheck it. If you already uninstalled "Game Evolved" or "Raptr".

Raptr is gone from my system some time ago and the only thing you can do is to go into regedit and remove "Raptr" lines there. Which is dangerous if you aren't cautious.

When you run the AMD's Driver (complete)setup and click on "uninstall" to select what you want to 'uninstall', Gaming Evolved or Raptr is not there.

.Ps: Used custom installation on both cases and I am a full administrator on my account.

Just a little Google and watch this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umqa76vcwu8

Last edited by XRayted; 27 May 14 at 04:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
 
Old 27 May 14
burn
burn's Avatar
Raptr Forum Admin
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRayted View Post
No, you can not uncheck it. If you already uninstalled "Game Evolved" or "Raptr".

Raptr is gone from my system some time ago and the only thing you can do is to go into regedit and remove "Raptr" lines there. Which is dangerous if you aren't cautious.

When you run the AMD's Driver (complete)setup and click on "uninstall" to select what you want to 'uninstall', Gaming Evolved or Raptr is not there.

.Ps: Used custom installation on both cases and I am a full administrator on my account.

Just a little Google and watch this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umqa76vcwu8
Did you use the automatic detection or did you find the driver package yourself?

I just downloaded the driver package myself, and made you a video of it.
I first clicked 'Install' Then it went ahead and selected custom installation.
Here you go:
http://screencast.com/t/SokTIrQxR
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Old 27 May 14
XRayted
XRayted's Avatar
Unhatched Egg
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4
I can share screen on Skype if you want?
I could try to make a video, but Skype is quicker.

Challenge for you. Install with Gaming Envolved and restart system, remove it and see if you can uncheck it
Reply With Quote
 
Old 27 May 14
XRayted
XRayted's Avatar
Unhatched Egg
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4
Here is a video for you. Set on private and share it if you want.
Freshly made

http://youtu.be/X5Iek4467-A
Reply With Quote
 
Old 28 May 14
Stilkdog
Stilkdog's Avatar
All-Star
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRayted View Post
Here is a video for you. Set on private and share it if you want.
Freshly made

http://youtu.be/X5Iek4467-A
Only you can view it if it's set to Private. You have to set it to unlisted so people with the link can only view it.
Reply With Quote
 
Old 28 May 14
XRayted
XRayted's Avatar
Unhatched Egg
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4
Oh, well me thinking that he saw it.
I change it and should be go to go now.

If the quality is to bad(heck 10Mb) I can do it over, but should be fine in full screen.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump