Raptr Forums > Feedback > Desktop App Feedback

Skyrim SKSE not count Hours

Old 8 Apr 13
sitwulf
Tiny Dino
Skyrim SKSE not count Hours
I use the Skyrim (Steam) with SKSE.

My Game is patched with lastest SKSE tool for make Skyrim SKSE compatible with STEAM, this tool rename the main game executable to "TES_.EXE" and the launcher is called "TESV.EXE"

SKSE Patcher for Steam:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31737

Old 8 Apr 13
telmo
Wise Raptr
If your Steam shows "playing Skyrim" Raptr will be able to track it, I use SKSE and don't have any problem.

Old 8 Apr 13
MajorParsnip
Supreme Raptr
I also used SKSE when I played Skyrim and didn't have problems tracking.

I didn't need a SKSE patcher though, that seems like a different beast entirely. I just used plain SKSE, worked like a charm.

If only I could be so grossly incandescent!

Old 9 Apr 13
Tenaka30
Ultra Raptr
sitwulf doesn't have his/a steam account attached so no tracking via that method.

As Skyrim is a GfW title I assume it can be installed outside of Steam? I don't play the title on any platform so you guys would know this better than I.

OP, If you are able to install outside of Steam, and your patcher renames the EXEs then that will be why it is not tracking.

Either put in a request for additional tracking or install under Steam as the others have to resolve this.

Old 9 Apr 13
sitwulf
Tiny Dino
Quote:
Originally Posted by telmo View Post
If your Steam shows "playing Skyrim" Raptr will be able to track it, I use SKSE and don't have any problem.
Yes... my steam show im playing Skyrim, and steam overlay works perfecly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorParsnip View Post
I also used SKSE when I played Skyrim and didn't have problems tracking.

I didn't need a SKSE patcher though, that seems like a different beast entirely. I just used plain SKSE, worked like a charm.
But this patch is make for easy run Skyrim SKSE from steam without need to make anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenaka30 View Post
sitwulf doesn't have his/a steam account attached so no tracking via that method.

As Skyrim is a GfW title I assume it can be installed outside of Steam? I don't play the title on any platform so you guys would know this better than I.

OP, If you are able to install outside of Steam, and your patcher renames the EXEs then that will be why it is not tracking.

Either put in a request for additional tracking or install under Steam as the others have to resolve this.
Yes... i have my steam account attached.
And look my lastest publication on my raptr wall:

"played 0 seconds of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim(PC) and earned The Way of the Voice."

Is really strange... because steam works perfecly, show overlay, change to Playing Skyrim... is only Raptr.

Old 9 Apr 13
MajorParsnip
Supreme Raptr
Are you using the desktop app or not, by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenaka30 View Post
Skyrim is Steamworks title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitwulf View Post
But this patch is make for easy run Skyrim SKSE from steam without need to make anything.
I don't understand this means. The way regular SKSE works is you unzip the files in the Skyrim folder and run the game from the skse_loader, which also skips the regular Skyrim launcher. It's pretty straightforward.

I'm assuming here that the reason you use this patcher is that you want to launch the game from inside Steam (maybe in big picture mode or something?), because it replaces the executable? That's the only reason I can think to use the patcher.

If that is the case, what I would personally do is install regular skse, and add the skse_loader.exe in Steam as a "non-steam game" through the Games menu, and use that to launch the game. That way, at least as far as I can think, you would be able to launch Skyrim from inside Steam, and it should work flawlessly with tracking.

Old 10 Apr 13
burn
Raptr Forum Admin
It looks like we're now detecting you playing it just fine.
What did you end up changing?

Old 10 Apr 13
sitwulf
Tiny Dino
Quote:
I'm assuming here that the reason you use this patcher is that you want to launch the game from inside Steam (maybe in big picture mode or something?), because it replaces the executable? That's the only reason I can think to use the patcher.

If that is the case, what I would personally do is install regular skse, and add the skse_loader.exe in Steam as a "non-steam game" through the Games menu, and use that to launch the game. That way, at least as far as I can think, you would be able to launch Skyrim from inside Steam, and it should work flawlessly with tracking.
But if you run the SKSE "special launcher" does not sync the mods.
And another REALLY BAD THING!... i cant start Skyrim SKSE from Raptr Game Launcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn View Post
It looks like we're now detecting you playing it just fine.
What did you end up changing?
I finally unpatch the Skyrim SKSE and adding skse_loader.exe to Steam, but now... i cant use the Raptr Game Launcher to lauch SKSE... :'(

Old 10 Apr 13
MajorParsnip
Supreme Raptr
Sync mods? I played heavily modded Skyrim, and I didn't have issues.
Maybe I just don't understand what you mean by syncing mods.

Also, I always forget that Raptr app even has a launcher. I mean, why would I need another place to launch a game. Isn't 1 place enough?

Old 10 Apr 13
sitwulf
Tiny Dino
Quote:
Sync mods? I played heavily modded Skyrim, and I didn't have issues.
Maybe I just don't understand what you mean by syncing mods.
Yes... all the Mod (Steam Workshop) need to be Sync for the subscribed mods, to get updates and add to the Mod List INI for launch.
If you are only using the POOR NexusMods... you lost the best of Skyrim in Steam.

Quote:
Also, I always forget that Raptr app even has a launcher. I mean, why would I need another place to launch a game. Isn't 1 place enough?
WOW!!!
And?... what is better, remove things from Raptr?... maybe first the GameLauncher... and later?... maybe Chat?... Screenshots?

Raptr have these function, and i always use it to launch my games (steam or not) is really easy to launche that game you selected from the Right button.