Raptr Forums > Feedback > Website Feedback

Can't connect my Steam ID to my Raptr account

Old 20 Feb 13
Connish
Unhatched Egg
Can't connect my Steam ID to my Raptr account
My public steam URL is steampowered.com/id/kentakentakenta. I have set everything to public, yet the settings page can't seem to find my steam account. Thanks!

Old 20 Feb 13
hacky
Raptr Engineer
It worked for me when I tested it, and I don't see anything else on your Steam profile that would stop it from working. Make sure you are entering 'kentakentakenta' and not the entire URL.

Old 27 Feb 13
rolrolrol
Unhatched Egg
Can't connect my Steam ID to my Raptr account too. My public steam URL is: steamcommunity.com/id/76561198******** and I have set everything to public in my steam settings.

Last edited by rolrolrol; 27 May 13 at 03:52 AM.

Old 27 Feb 13
hacky
Raptr Engineer
Unfortunately, because your public steam URL is entirely numeric, Raptr assumes incorrectly that your ID is a numeric profiles number (i.e. 64-bit steam ID).

What I would recommend to you is to change your custom Steam URL to have at least one letter in it, and then add it to Raptr.

If that is not possible for whatever reason, I can force Raptr to accept your Steam name as is, but you will not be able to re-add it without assistance if you ever remove it.

Old 27 Feb 13
rolrolrol
Unhatched Egg
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacky View Post
Unfortunately, because your public steam URL is entirely numeric, Raptr assumes incorrectly that your ID is a numeric profiles number (i.e. 64-bit steam ID).

What I would recommend to you is to change your custom Steam URL to have at least one letter in it, and then add it to Raptr.

If that is not possible for whatever reason, I can force Raptr to accept your Steam name as is, but you will not be able to re-add it without assistance if you ever remove it.
Thank you very much what so quickly answered on my question. The problem been solved, thank you again!=)

Old 26 May 13
mefixit5
Unhatched Egg
I'm having the same issue and my Steam ID has both letters and a number. I tried connecting it through the desktop app but it still says connection error. If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. D:

Old 6 Jun 13
bazman
Raptr Forum Admin
mefixit5,

The reason this isn't working for you is that your profile is part of the Steam trading card beta test. Our next version of the Desktop App has a fix for this but it's not out yet. We can, however, let you help us test the alpha version of the desktop app udpate. The link below will take you to a google doc where you will see a list of known issues and fixes, a link to download the alpha app, a survey, and a bug reporting form in case you run into any problems.

https://docs.google.com/a/gxlinc.com...F889M/viewform

Try installing this version and your Steam account should have no problems connecting.

Old 16 Jun 13
mefixit5
Unhatched Egg
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazman View Post
mefixit5,

The reason this isn't working for you is that your profile is part of the Steam trading card beta test. Our next version of the Desktop App has a fix for this but it's not out yet. We can, however, let you help us test the alpha version of the desktop app udpate. The link below will take you to a google doc where you will see a list of known issues and fixes, a link to download the alpha app, a survey, and a bug reporting form in case you run into any problems.

https://docs.google.com/a/gxlinc.com...F889M/viewform

Try installing this version and your Steam account should have no problems connecting.
Wow thanks so much I kind of thought no one was going to reply after a while but I decided to check back today and sure enough you had. Thanks again, it's very appreciated.

Old 16 Sep 13
vhan77
Unhatched Egg
I'm having the same issue and my Steam ID, it has letters and numbers. My public Steam ID is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ivanslns If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated

Old 17 Sep 13
burn
Raptr Forum Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhan77 View Post
I'm having the same issue and my Steam ID, it has letters and numbers. My public Steam ID is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ivanslns If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated
Your account is private, it needs to be set to public in your privacy settings.