Raptr Forums > Talk to Raptr > Help!

Update: Changes to Steam Achievement imports and tracking

Old 18 Feb 10
hacky
Raptr Engineer
Update: Changes to Steam Achievement imports and tracking
Hey everyone. We've just launched a bunch of improvements that will bring our Steam services more on par with Xbox Live.

When you finish playing a game on Steam, we will check for your Steam achievements for that game only. This means that if you think we're missing achievements for your game, turn on the Raptr client and play that game!

You can also trigger an update of your Steam achievements by posting a manual gameplay session of that game...though why do that when you have the awesome Raptr client?

This also means that we will do periodic checks of all your Steam achievements less often--on the order of once per week.

Let us know if any problems arise with these changes! We'll be monitoring it and making sure the changes go smoothly.

Old 18 Feb 10
BassXRocker
Teenage Raptr
I saw some kind of update for this coming :P

Old 18 Feb 10
hacky
Raptr Engineer
It needed to be done. Ever since we improved the way people enter Steam IDs, our systems saw a massive increase in the number of users to check...and checking ALL achievements for EVERY user started to take longer and longer. This way, we can phase out checking ALL achievements for EVERY user, and rely on single-game scans based on when you finish playing.

Old 18 Feb 10
Mahkia
Tiny Dino
Thanks so much for this.

"Brains come out. Swamp water doesn't. Don't ask me how I know that."

Old 19 Feb 10
DKill3r
Tiny Dino
Great news, thanks a lot.

Edit: Wow this is fast! Opened up Team Fortress 2, quit it and the achievements are already there, maybe 30 seconds after I closed the game!

Last edited by DKill3r; 19 Feb 10 at 03:58 AM.

Old 19 Feb 10
Kossak
Tiny Dino
yep it works for me too! great, thx

Old 19 Feb 10
wackelpudding
Super Raptr
1st try worked like a charm. Thanks a lot.

Old 19 Feb 10
Kenny007
Teenage Raptr
Will there still be a delay in supported games? IE: PVK II still doesn't track or pull achievements for me.

Old 19 Feb 10
bazman
Raptr Forum Admin
Kenny, there isn't any support yet for PVK, so there's no way it's going to work for you. Stippy or I will post back or let you know on your other 'request' thread about new games when we have it supported.

PVK is quite complicated because of the many various games it CAN mod. It's going to take a bit of time, hang in there!

-BAZMAN-

P.S. Thanks for all the feedback, it's really nice to know that you're seeing a faster turnaround and that things are working better

Old 19 Feb 10
Kenny007
Teenage Raptr
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazman View Post
Kenny, there isn't any support yet for PVK, so there's no way it's going to work for you. Stippy or I will post back or let you know on your other 'request' thread about new games when we have it supported.

PVK is quite complicated because of the many various games it CAN mod. It's going to take a bit of time, hang in there!

-BAZMAN-

P.S. Thanks for all the feedback, it's really nice to know that you're seeing a faster turnaround and that things are working better
No worries, I'm not as impatient as I might sound, I just thought that this large change might cause the support of steam games to be a bit more fluid.