Raptr Forums > General > Off-Topic

New Wireless Internet Technology - DIDO(faster than light)

Old 28 Jul 11
Dre_G_Writer
Supreme Raptr
New Wireless Internet Technology - DIDO(faster than light)
I wanted to make this thread to make you guys aware of whats going on with this amazing new technology I been keeping my eyes on over the years. There's this new wireless internet technology being created called DIDO from Steve Perlman, the creator of ONLIVE and quicktime video encoding format for computers.

Quote:
We have discussed briefly in the past an incredible new wireless technology that Steve Perlman and Rearden Companies have come up with. It is called DIDO (Distributed-Input-Distributed-Output), and according to Perlman, it breaks “Shannon’s Law”. DIDO works at distances up to 250 miles, with sub-millisecond latency. It is promises to allow an unlimited amount of simultaneous users to stream HD video on the same spectrum that users today would use. However, it does all this without any dead zones, interference between users, or decrease in performance. Could we soon see the end of Wi-Fi and traditional cellular technology?

Read the entire article and see the white paper at: http://onlivefans.com/news/steve-per...chnology/1751/
So I've been keeping up with this new technology as it's seems to be just as interesting and fascinating as ONLIVE itself. Seeing how it's said to break Shannons law, that's pretty outrangous. For those that don't know what Shannons law is, its a formula, that determines the maximum amount of bandwidth that can travel across a communications channel in the presence of noise.

From what I understand, this new technology seems to break the bountries of regular cellular and internet communications , in other words, making it to where there isn't a maximum amount, it's like a communication system thats like the internet but doesnt have a speed or bandwidth limit or it's at a limit so high can't current devices can't read those said speed and bandwidth limits which is why the Shannon's law formula doesn't work with it. It gives a answer that's like..........dividing by zero.

It's a internet that has LOWER than millisecond speeds. For internet useage, the lower the speed, the faster is.

1000 milliseconds is equal to one second, 140 millisecond is average internet speed, 40 milliseconds is damn fast, those are speeds that very good connections have. But for a speed thans even lower than 1 millionsecond, This is pretty much INSTANT............ in other words........faster than the speed of light as light travels 300km in 1.03 millionseconds. Above, it's said this new DIDO technology moves 250 miles(402km) in LESS than 1 millisecond. I don't know what to make of this.

And it has no disturbances, no noise, no congestions, no drop outs what so ever with latency so low that it will be lower than local devices.

And it claims to do this WIRELESSLY. I've read that using wires actually slowed the speed down, since theres interference in the physical wires themselves.

This is kind of hard to believe that this new technology breaks physic's laws. But this is no ordinary guy we're talking about. Steve is considered a genius.

This new technology is patent by the onlive company is was made specifically for ONLIVE, and from what I can tell, it will change the internet forever over the new few years once ISP's use this new technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pearlman
So, check this out, if I were to go and deliver, what is called a 4K resolution on a video signal; this is what we do at Rearden. It’s the new resolution that is going to be used in movie theaters. It is 4096 pixels wide, so they call it 4K. So, we can deliver 4K resolution, compressed video, even with the compression, that is much higher resolution, even 1080p. And we can deliver it, not at 60 FPS, but at 240 FPS. So you are running at the native 240 FPS resolution of your TV set, and your TV set, which is hanging on the wall, there’s no wires hooked up to it at all. Matter of fact, the wires slow it down. Matter fact, the processing in TVs would normally slow it down. So, there is no lag in the TV either, right? It just hooks up this new DIDO wireless stuff and there it is. You have sub-millisecond connectivity.
By the way, the audio, the surround-sound, is completely uncompressed, so you have full range audio. You’ll have 240 hertz, 4K resolution video, and because its running at 240 hertz, the actual frame time is less than 4 milliseconds, right?
So, if you were to use a local device, whether PC or console, or any local device, we will have your screen drawn before… you know..your data center, the new frame computed, the video compressed, sent through this new wireless technology, then arriving on your screen, before a normal computer monitor would even finish drawing a 60 hertz screen. Now, how cool is that?
Source : http://onlivefans.com/news/onlives-f...nterview/1287/

Here is what they call the WHITE PAPER, it's the files that explains how this technology works and how it's different from regular internet and telephone communications.

http://www.rearden.com/DIDO/DIDO_White_Paper_110727.pdf

This stuff is truely MIND blowing. I can't wait to see whats in store for us in the future.

Old 28 Jul 11
XenoLair
All-Star
Nothing can travel faster than light, it is impossible - at least in this universe lol.
Why just recently they proved that Einstein was right at the Hong Kong univerity of technology.

Nevertheless, wireless technology was in need of an upgrade.

Last edited by XenoLair; 28 Jul 11 at 04:34 PM.

Old 28 Jul 11
m335h73r
Raptr QA
This is gonna end up like what happened with FRAM and other such technologies that are amazing on paper but will never happen IRL

Old 28 Jul 11
antonymity
Supreme Raptr
private sectors won't get anything like this. if we do, it will have been tampered with so badly it won't be anything near what it can truly be. we get sold throttled bullshit year after year while being told how great of a deal we're getting. did you know that technology exists right now that can recharge batteries in mere seconds? probably not, because we aren't allowed to have nice things. it takes money away from people, and all anyone gives a fuck about is money. worthless, dirty fucking money.

Old 28 Jul 11
Cybertrash
Undead Raptr
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoLair View Post
Nothing can travel faster than light, it is impossible - at least in this universe lol.
Why just recently they proved that Einstein was right at the Hong Kong univerity of technology.

Nevertheless, wireless technology was in need of an upgrade.
exactly....

Old 28 Jul 11
Brodoin
Jedi Raptr
Not until lightspeed is invented, at least, and we all have our own Ebon Hawks, Millenium Falcons, and X-Wings. (Comeplete with our own assassin droid, wookie, and R2 droid.)

As of now, though, it isn't possible. Light is faster than the human brain works. The human brain has a hard time comprehending the speed. It's so fast it's nearly instant.

Old 28 Jul 11
absinthesia
Super Raptr
I don't even know how they could even claim it to be possible. (Right now and for the next 50 years at least). Did they invent hyperspace while I was asleep or something?

@absinthesia

Old 29 Jul 11
jameswalker85
Undead Raptr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodoin View Post
Not until lightspeed is invented, at least, and we all have our own Ebon Hawks, Millenium Falcons, and X-Wings. (Comeplete with our own assassin droid, wookie, and R2 droid.)

As of now, though, it isn't possible. Light is faster than the human brain works. The human brain has a hard time comprehending the speed. It's so fast it's nearly instant.
For a Star Wars fan, I'm shocked that you spelled Wookiee incorrectly.

But yeah, it's impossible. I won't be holding my breath on that one.

Old 29 Jul 11
antonymity
Supreme Raptr
what if it's a result of some kind from the lhc? /random thought/

Old 29 Jul 11
jameswalker85
Undead Raptr
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonymity View Post
what if it's a result of some kind from the lhc? /random thought/
Then typing 'Google' into Google could create a black hole and wipe out the entire galaxy.