Raptr Forums > Feedback > Website Feedback

Raptr Client update Version 1.5.5 and memory usage...

Old 10 Feb 11
EShirou
Tiny Dino
Raptr Client update Version 1.5.5 and memory usage...
Paron me but

Quote:
Memory improvements have been made so that after the first time use of Raptr, some users will experience Raptr uses less system memory
Someone must have been drunk when programing or writing this...

First of all Main process, Raptr.exe*32 uses about 30mb more memory than before. Now it consumes around 61mb of memory.

Second Overall raptr program uses more memory, i dunno about raptr_im.exe*32 process cuss i never checked how much memory it eats but now raptr opens two additional process which eat 2,5 mb of memory more... those are
raptr_ep32.exe*32
raptr_ep64.exe

what the hell is this ep32 and ep64 junk? raptr didn't used stuff like that before and now it's using running even more of my 2 GB of memory... i can't do upgrade of that damn memory to more because of my motherboard and when i play FFXIV every MB counts... for now I'm removing those two raptr files from HDD until i won't get clear explanation of what those things doing there now and why they aren't there before.

Old 10 Feb 11
Zorlac
Young Adult Raptr
We're not allowed to complain about the poor memory usage of raptr. As long as this program has been out they're still using the excuse that it's beta as to why the memory usage is so high.

Prepare to be attacked by the ravenous defenders of poor memory usage as is what happens every time someone mentions this problem.

On a related note my raptr sitting here in the task bar doing nothing else is using over 100mb of memory. yep doing NOTHING but sitting there.

Last edited by Zorlac; 10 Feb 11 at 06:05 PM.

Old 10 Feb 11
Boxhead
Supreme Raptr
Actually, it's good feedback. The newest update is supposed to lower the memory usage. I'll be passing this along to the team.

We added 2 processes to help deal with Microsoft's UAC settings - some of the time Microsoft's UAC settings cause issues with game detection and game performance. We launch one process, and if you meet certain requirements, we launch the other one to deal with UAC.

Old 10 Feb 11
ghil
Regular Raptr
My numbers are along Emiya, with 60-65 for the main, and with every processes, can top 70 sometimes, idle.

Old 10 Feb 11
EShirou
Tiny Dino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxhead View Post
Actually, it's good feedback. The newest update is supposed to lower the memory usage. I'll be passing this along to the team.

We added 2 processes to help deal with Microsoft's UAC settings - some of the time Microsoft's UAC settings cause issues with game detection and game performance. We launch one process, and if you meet certain requirements, we launch the other one to deal with UAC.
Thanks for passing that to the team

about UAC i advise you to implement UAC detection first... why do i need those processes when my UAC is turned of and if i could i would remove it from system ^^" ((that is if i find that it eats memory even when disabled I'll do hell to him to kick him out of my system \(^w^)/ ))

But i understand you wanted good ^.^ Just please some detection if those process really need to run on PC... especially with UAC disabled.

Old 10 Feb 11
ghil
Regular Raptr
But those processes, aren't really a hog either. one caps a 4, the other at 342 kb.

Old 10 Feb 11
CptGemini
Tiny Dino
The main process is using quite a bit for me but ive got 8GB of ram. Below is a screenshot showing it.

http://www.clanugsm.com/images/raptrmemory.jpg

Old 11 Feb 11
EShirou
Tiny Dino
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghil View Post
But those processes, aren't really a hog either. one caps a 4, the other at 342 kb.
If it weren't for that i don't have time to manually track my gameplay while in Eorzea (Final Fantasy XIV) then i would turn off Raptr completely for my FFXIV sessions...

Old 11 Feb 11
James1o1o
Tiny Dino
This is what I'm sitting at. I'm honestly not that bothered about memory usage as I have 4gb ram but just to let the team know.

http://min.us/mvgg3YR

Is ep32.exe and ep64.exe the UAC thing? You guys should have it so that they don't run if it detects UAC is running. Or just remove the entire idea altogether, Its bad when someone is so computer illiterate that they do not turn UAC off or run Raptr as Administrator.

Old 11 Feb 11
MajorParsnip
Supreme Raptr
My total ram usage went up a little as well, so I was a little surprised by the text in the release notes.
Though maybe that's more for those people who experienced some serious usage issues before, like 200megs and up.

My total ram usage by all 4 raptr processes sits at 100megs, main exe at 83megs.
On the previous alpha the total was about 10-15megs lower I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorlac View Post
We're not allowed to complain about the poor memory usage of raptr. As long as this program has been out they're still using the excuse that it's beta as to why the memory usage is so high.

Prepare to be attacked by the ravenous defenders of poor memory usage as is what happens every time someone mentions this problem.
Don't be an idiot.
This is new information regarding new alpha and specifically contradicts release notes.
It's good feedback.

If only I could be so grossly incandescent!