Raptr Forums > Talk to Raptr > Help!

In-Game overlay not working

Old 9 Sep 11
Bearclaw
Unhatched Egg
In-Game overlay not working
Hi all, I can't seem to get the in-game overlay to work.

I set the shortcut to be CTRL+Tab. I have in-game enabled in settings. I play L4D2 just to test (in-game enabled for L4D2) and when I press CTRL+Tab, the special cursor appears but there is no overlay.

The Steam overlay works fine.

I don't have any Anti-virus installed.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Old 10 Sep 11
saintpunky
Young Adult Raptr
Put Another Hotkey?

Old 10 Sep 11
Dashiva08
Young Adult Raptr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Hi all, I can't seem to get the in-game overlay to work.

I set the shortcut to be CTRL+Tab. I have in-game enabled in settings. I play L4D2 just to test (in-game enabled for L4D2) and when I press CTRL+Tab, the special cursor appears but there is no overlay.

The Steam overlay works fine.

I don't have any Anti-virus installed.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.
I actually have the exact same issue, and they couldn't get an answer for me. Hopefully you'll have more luck!

Old 10 Sep 11
Cybertrash
Undead Raptr
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintpunky View Post
Put Another Hotkey?
hotkey has nothing to do with it.
the raptr overlay is still somewhat incompatible with the Valve Source engine (which games like L4d2, L4D, TF2, CSS etc use).
disabling the overlay is still the only failsafe to run the games. ( at least that's my experience on both win XP and Win7)

Old 10 Sep 11
Dashiva08
Young Adult Raptr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
hotkey has nothing to do with it.
the raptr overlay is still somewhat incompatible with the Valve Source engine (which games like L4d2, L4D, TF2, CSS etc use).
disabling the overlay is still the only failsafe to run the games. ( at least that's my experience on both win XP and Win7)
Was not aware they had issues with Source engine games. Still doesn't help me since it does this with EVERY game I own.

Old 10 Sep 11
Cybertrash
Undead Raptr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashiva08 View Post
Was not aware they had issues with Source engine games. Still doesn't help me since it does this with EVERY game I own.
the other day I also encountered severe lags in GTA4, disabling overlay removed the lag, weird, shouldn't do this actually

Old 13 Sep 11
bazman
Raptr Forum Admin
I also have heard of reports of these types of issues, but there's no real 'incompatibility' or someone would have asked our content team to turn off in-game for those titles. In-game rendering is a complex beast at best, and there are several culprits which can cause problems.....

1) Make sure you're running the latest driver for your video card. I can't emphasize enough how much drivers affect the performance of these systems.

2) download and install the latest version of Direct X from microsoft's site. Microsoft regularly updates parts of Direct X and your version could be out of date.

3) Try uninstalling Raptr, rebooting your PC, and then reinstalling raptr - There are times when the update process can go awry and you can end up with a mixed up set of dll's for raptr's in game system. While we're working on improving our updating process to avoid this issue, there have been times in the past where some of the in-game components were updated and other weren't. By uninstalling and rebooting, you guarantee that all old files are removed (many aren't deleted until you reboot). Once windows reboots, simply download and install the latest version of the raptr client and see if this improves things for you.

4) If all of the above is tried, and you still are having performance issues with the in-game system, you should send us your logs. Run the game one more time, attempt to bring up the in-game system, and if it fails, exit the game, and then upload your logs to us by going to Help>Feedback in the client, paste a link to this post in the feedback box, and check the box that says 'Send log file'.

Once we receive the logs our QA group will go through them and see if we can spot any problems or give you any further suggestions on how to 'fix' this.

Hope this helps,

-BAZMAN-

Old 13 Sep 11
kevinmd88
Young Adult Raptr
Just for the record... I had a similar problem where my in-game overlay would flicker very rapidly when I activated it. Also, even while the overlay wasn't up on my screen, I could see certain textboxes from the overlay flickering like a ghosted image on my screen.

I was in need of a fresh format so I reinstalled Windows 7 on my computer. The next time I started my game with Raptr it worked fine... I didn't think to try reinstalling the video drivers first (wish I had), so I can't really narrow down the culprit, but this fixed it for me.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 w/ SP1 and an ATI graphics card.