Raptr Forums > Talk to Raptr > Help!

Problems with Facebook? ( Full Troubleshooting Guide)

Closed Thread

Old 17 Sep 10
DUDI1969
Unhatched Egg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recall View Post
When I try to share on facebook I just get this message:

Before you can share your status on Facebook, you need to connect your account.

Yet it doesn't let me connect my account. What to do?
I got the same prob... -(

Old 17 Sep 10
DUDI1969
Unhatched Egg
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhingo View Post
is anyone having problems adding their facebook account/facebook connect to work with Raptr? I keep on getting "External Account Authentication Failed!". I Followed all the instructions on the first page about sharing settings/application permission in facebook but it still gives me the error once i hit save within facebook connect. I assume its more of a problem with facebook permission itself since my twitter setup works. I've been trying since i joined but it never worked for me. :-(
I got the same prob... I cant connect to facebook... :-(

Old 18 Sep 10
DUDI1969
Unhatched Egg
great to get no help..!

Old 29 Sep 10
bleed69
Unhatched Egg
u have to add this on this on ur username at FACEBOOK. example : http://www.facebook.com/"Bl33D" <--- this

Old 12 Oct 10
thoughtxriot
Tiny Dino
So, my problem is that Raptr isn't posting my game updates to Facebook....but if I change my raptr status, it successfully posts to Facebook. I tried unconnecting and reconnecting, but still no change. Any help?

Old 13 Oct 10
PaftersUK
Tiny Dino
I get a similar issue in that when i start to play a game nothing gets sent to facebook but when i get an achievement ( 360 ) it posts on my FB , which suggests to me the sync is working.

Checked it anyway and in permissions i only had the stream box so i removed and unbound. Then readded and bound on raptr and tried the raptr test post which worked so will try the game post later.

Last edited by PaftersUK; 13 Oct 10 at 01:02 AM.

Old 13 Oct 10
PaftersUK
Tiny Dino
Nope. Still not posting when I start a game up.

Old 13 Oct 10
Zabonam
Tiny Dino
Raptr is currently having problems updating "...playing [game]" to Facebook and/or Twitter.

Achievements post just fine.

Old 14 Oct 10
HERP
Unhatched Egg
I May Have a Similar Problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelHorn View Post
I had my account set up a while back. I then decided to add my facebook page to my account, but for some reason, it asked me to make a separate account and I didn't know that I was doing that. Now i'm currently stuck with 2 accounts: One with my real name which is directly connected to my facebook and one that I made first a while back. I thought they would link together, but they didn't. I don't know how to deactivate the facebook raptr account because when I go to the deactivate facebook page under the settings area, it says I need to apply a whole new email address to keep my account, but I already have my other, synced up account set up! So now i'm stuck with this useless 'facebook only' account and my actual account. Does anyone know what's up?
I may have the same problem here buddy. I created my Raptr account and synced it to my Facebook account and my Twitter account. But my Raptr posts weren't showing up on my status updates or tweets. I went back to account settings, and then to sharing. I followed the instructions better on the page and thought that I had fixed it. After doing that, my Raptr posts were successfully tweeted on Twitter. But no Facebook status updates via Raptr appeared. So I went back to account settings and sharing. Then it said add account or please reconnect using Facebook connect. I did, and I went to my old account. But it was a bit different from my current Facebook name. So I tried add account. But it said that this account is synced to my old one. And it isn't right. Now I have a useless "Facebook only" account, and I can do nothing to change it. Sound familiar? I had to delete my Raptr application off of my Facebook account and then re-install it. I did, but still nothing. I had hoped that someone had already replied to this thread, and tell us what the hell we should do. I want to have my Raptr posts as status updates on my Facebook really badly! It worked for Twitter, why won't it work for Facebook? I don't want to delete my Raptr account or change my e-mail address over this. What can I do? I give up! If you are having the same problem as me, and I'm sure you are, welcome to the club. We need to find a solution for this before we do something by accident that we will both regret. If I find out anything useful, I will notify you ASAP. I sure hope that someone can help us out, because this is giving me a headache. Good luck man.

Old 15 Oct 10
vizionblind
Tiny Dino
hello raptr team, facebook not working anymore